Video Games Chat Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Video Games Chat Thread Reply with quote

Have something to say that's not worthy of its own thread? Post in here - (yeah) it's a freeforall.

Beat the second mission in Raven Shield today - Lamoura skiing villiage in Switzerland, two IMF Delegate hostages, enemy employing window snipers, ground patrols, and occupying houses (and anticipating the team's arrival). Not too bad once you get to know the landscape.

Took the first hostage room from an elevated position, moving in from behind cover and employing flashbangs - the hostage was a smart bastard, booked out of there as soon as the FB went off and got behind my team, which leads me to believe that different hostages have different levels of training concerning how to deal with an attack on their captors.

Second hostage was in the basement, which got a little hairy - I went down the stairs covering to the left, and took the guard there just as another (much closer, missed him on heartbeat) saw me. I should have been toast, but I had Ding as my second man and he handled it with no issue. The hostage room was connected to this one, with a partial wooden wall providing cover. I eased the door open and got a glimpse of an orange ski vest through my scoped MP5 - definitely not a hostile. I leaned in and the tango guarding the hostage saw me. He took a burst of 9mm fmj to the head, which was lucky considering he was about to introduce the delegate's face to the least pleasant aspect of a Desert Eagle. I had already cleared some of the rest of our route from a window, so we swept to the extraction point, with a short stop to dispatch a hostile covering an avenue from a ground floor window. About the time we got the delegates (one may have been a local) into the extraction point, the tangos in the final house must have noticed the dead guy at the window, and decided they didn't want us leaving. Unfortunately for them, Ding let loose with a burst of covering fire as I led the hostages to safely.

Not a scratch on either hostage or Rainbow. Very Happy

Now practice so we can do some multiplayer!
Jacob
HATES FIREWORKS

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get that game from you!!! Co-op of the last Rainbow game with you guys was killer and if this new one's as hard as you say it's going to rock out. We'd finally have a use for Ventrillo =P
Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will need to find a command to permanently lock [send] on (or I need a much better button location). But yeah, Raven Shield is hot. John refuses to play on the grounds that he now hates computers, so it'll just be you me and Jeremy.
Silverhand
Baby Daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool, i've been playing a bit of Knights of the Old Republic II on paul's comp, he picked it up last week. Very sweet, though if you played the last one it is about the same in the terms of shineyness and everything. Though right now i am a bit upset that i have six hours in and no lightsaber, just a quest to build one and i need two more pieces. This upsets me because i want not only one, but two(my girl is a duel wield master already). There are some new features that i like though. at a work bench, you can now breakdown items that you find, like journals that give hints on what dead people were thinking, that after you read them are just pointless, and break them down into components that you can then rebuild into useful stuff like weapons or grenades. What you can build is dependant on your skills. Another thing is that your character's appearance changes depending on your alignment, so if you go for the pure evil route like me(so much fun) you get all wrinkly and evil looking. Party members even comment on the fact that they see the power consuming you, insolent peons, if they were not so helpful with a blaster I would have choked them to death already for such a thing.

Reading - Craft Sequence by Max Gladstone

Watching - Green Arrow, The Flash, Agents of Shield

Still Waiting for - Winds of Winter, The Doors of Stone

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain. It's time to toss the dice.
Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should give the first one another try one of these days. Maybe I can get used to turn based lightsabre combat with RS to balance out my palate.

I'm also considering grabbing Far Cry, since it got cheap and I seem to have a hankerin' for deadly smart AI.

Also, 700th post. Woot.
Silverhand
Baby Daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make full copies of KOTORII from the disks we have, right. Just so paul and i are not fighting over the same comp to play it.

Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to play through KOTOR1 first if anything, but perhaps I'll take you up on that once (if) I get through it.
Silverhand
Baby Daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well let me warn you, if you go light side, you will be playing it longer, dark side, short route. Why solve the problem of fixing the sewage system when you can just blow up the whole planet and stop the production of sewage. Is it wrong that i take joy in making choices like that?

Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably play through with a Shinsengumi Jedi, which will almost certainly end up being dark, even though it shouldn't be.
Raptor
Sprints McGee

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh games, I used to have time for you.
Vin Sanity
Mad Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need games anymore John, you have work!!!!! You're having all the fun you'll eer need to have!
Raptor
Sprints McGee

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definatily. That and trying to keep up with my car, that might be easier if I didn't drive so much.
Bulkoth
Whitest Forumer

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there you have it, easy solution... burn your workplace to the ground, drive your car off a cliff, and go play some video games at home Very Happy
Raptor
Sprints McGee

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I like the car better than most people. It would be fine if I wasn't driving 26k yearly just to work. In fact it's still fine, but I'm sure my maintance schedule is compacted due to that.
Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this game rocks really hard. It's like a demonstration of some sort of negative entropy or something.

I'm convinced that a permanent reaction is possible, but the longest I've been able to create has been 2219 steps. See what you can do.

http://www.addictinggames.com/reactioneffect.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 1 of 87

Jump to: