Hiking/Camping 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Generale Discussington
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacob
HATES FIREWORKS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Hiking/Camping 2015 Reply with quote

Anyone down for some outdoors at some point? My suggestions follow:

Ricketts Glen : Roughly 3 1/2 hours away from Johnstown, this 3.5 mile loop has 18 different waterfalls, the tallest of which is 94 feet! Pretty Exciting! The website recommends sturdy boots as the terrain can be moderately challenging especially when wet. I think this would be a nice day hike.

Driving Directions from my house to the trailhead

West Rim Trail: 30.2 miles following the "PA Grand Canyon" We'd have to leave a car at the end and relay back to the beginning.

Driving Directions from my house to the trailhead
Topo 4.0 and GPX files for the trail

Old Logger's Path : We did this before and I'd like to do it again, this time perhaps as a day hike, going out to Rock Run's swimming holes and back again! From the trailhead it's only 4.4 miles to where Rock Run and Yellow Dog Run meet at the "Pizza Falls" which Mark will recall. The drive is approximately 4 hours plus fun time at the river.

Driving Directions from my house to the Trailhead
Topo 4.0 and GPX files for the trail

Black Forest Trail : This trail looks pretty interesting, with difficult ascents to breathtaking overlooks. The whole loop runs 42 miles which we could probably do in 3 days, but I'd bank on 4. The Trailhead is about 3 miles from my home but again much closer from State College. There are multiple paths and starting points so it would be a make-your-own-hike using info from the website to create it. Or we could just do 20 miles a day. You know. Whatever.

Cowan's Gap : I'm really not sure if we got to do this one last year but if not we should! Not that far in distance but the elevation gain and loss is pretty nuts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Generale Discussington All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: