Let the annual Black Friday rage commence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Politics and News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Let the annual Black Friday rage commence. Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-best-buy-latest-retailer-to-add-thanksgiving-hours-20131108,0,4661429.story

I was so fucking angry about this shit that I actually posted it on Facebook, which is something I rarely do.

I wrote:
Holy shit, Best Buy. You're opening at 6pm on Thanksgiving Day? Fuck yourselves, and your complete inability to treat your workers like human beings.

To anyone who goes shopping on Thanksgiving: This is your fault. In absolutely no uncertain terms, you are declaring that your own desire to buy inexpensive crap is more important than allowing dozens of other people to spend a holiday with their families.

Instead of giving these assholes your money, try to remember that holidays should be about spending time with your loved ones, and not about who can do the most shopping. Don't give retailers incentive to cheat honest, hardworking people out of what matters the most so that you can do more of what matters the least.
Viscount
GOLDEN STRONG!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly they're not the only retailers doing it. Just about every other major retailer is doing it as well, a disgusting lemming effect. Just more proof that the almighty dollar is truly all that matters in this country. Morals and values do not make it onto the list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Politics and News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: