Steampunk Blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Mad Man Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacob
HATES FIREWORKS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Steampunk Blues Reply with quote

I'm looking into plating kits for brass, copper, and bronze. The blue vitriol (Copper Sulfate) for the copper plating (necessary for brass plating on most surfaces) is pretty acutely poisonous if absorbed through the skin and can have mutagenic side effects, and not to good ones like sweet chest-blades etc. so I'm on the fence.

The cool part of this is I could plate bigger things like motorcycle parts (Steambike anyone?) in addition to items for my Steampunk armor (Plating thin steel is MUCH cheaper than buying brass sheet)

Like John said the power source isn't a problem, all you need is a battery or two. The danger comes from working with the chemicals. Would this be worth it?

Raptor
Sprints McGee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too concerned, but you do need a dedicated space and some precautions to handle any chemicals. Toxicity just looks like typical metal poisoning, with serious effects on organs only after ingesting large amounts.

Don't drink it, inject it, or use it as eye drops.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Mad Man Mechanics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: