Lore/Game Knowledge Skillz(0rz)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Legend of the Five Rings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacob
HATES FIREWORKS

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Lore/Game Knowledge Skillz(0rz) Reply with quote

As very VERY few of you actually know the history of L5R (mostly because the actual history is obscured by the Ikoma historians and partly because I keep you from reading certain parts in some books) and also seem to be having a bit of difficulty in creating intrigue when your charachter knows something that other's really don't, mostly because you feel you don't know much, I'm going to take a leap and trust you, or maybe I won't. I want to post a list of skill descriptions, such as lore skills as well as things like shadowlands lore, general background stuff that you would know depending on how high your lore skill is. I was either going to post them in this thread and trust you to only read what was pertinent to your charachter's knowledge level but I may just write it up and PM it to you whenever you get the additional levels. Either way there will hopefully be some supplemental background stuff to help you deveolp your charachter's intellect.
dogstar02
05:DISTORTION

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil BWAAAA HAHAHAHA!!!!! The forbidden knowlege is mine!!!! Oop....sorry 'bout that.
Marcus Brody
The Dog

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lore/Game Knowledge Skillz(0rz) Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
As very VERY few of you actually know the history of L5R (inconsequentially because the actual history is obscured by the Ikoma historians and almost entirely because I keep you from reading certain parts in some books) .

Fixed. Razz

Anyway, perhaps you could make a fact list for each level of knowledge, and roll for which things we get (and PM us with the result). That way two people with Lore:Shadowlands (rank 2) would know many of the same things, but each would posess some knowledge that the other didn't have? Perhaps with an additional gain from the rank 1 and 2 lists when rank 3 is achieved, and so on?
Jacob
HATES FIREWORKS

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was thinking, a dynamic system based on clan and maybe personal experience, though I doubt any of you other than Jeremy have been near the Kaiu wall and even he dosn't necessarily have to have been there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lain.the-wired.com Forum Index -> Legend of the Five Rings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: